Varied fees are payable depending on your circumstances, we will clearly outline which tenancy contract is suitable to you and if any fees are applicable.
With the changes in regulations, we believe that it is important for Squarefoot to ensure our tenancy fees are transparent for our landlords and tenants.
All our fees and types of contracts are shown below including VAT.
FOR ASSURED SHORTHOLD TENANCIES & HOUSING LICENCES SIGNED ON OR AFTER 1ST JUNE 2019.
During the tenancy, payable to the agent:
- Holding Deposit – Equivalent to one week rental per tenancy. Please note that this will be withheld if the tenant or guarantor withdraw from the tenancy, fails a Right to Rent check, provides false or misleading information, unreasonably delays responding to reasonable requests for information or fails to sign the tenancy agreement by the Deadline for Agreement date.
- Security Deposits – Equivalent to five weeks rental per tenancy.
- Contract variation – £50 (Inc. VAT if applicable) per agreed contract variation, amendment, or change of occupant at the tenant’s request within an existing tenancy.
- Early Termination – should the tenant agree with the landlord to terminate the tenancy before the tenant is permitted to do so, the tenant will be responsible for indemnifying the landlord and the agent for any losses and reasonable costs incurred as a result of the early termination and in the re-letting of the property. This is not automatic and will be reviewed and agreed on a case by case basis.
- Lost Keys, Fobs/Security Devices – The tenant will be liable for the costs incurred in replacing any keys, fobs or other security devices that are lost during the tenancy for the property and the building where necessary.
- Unpaid Rent – Interest payment for the late payment of rent or other money payable under the tenancy agreement.
- Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
During the tenancy, payable to the provider if permitted and applicable: Utilities – gas, electricity, water, telephone, broadband, installation and subscription of cable/satellite, television licence, Council Tax and any other bills associated with the tenancy.
FEES ARE APPLICABLE FOR NON-ASSURED SHORTHOLD TENANCIES SUCH AS COMPANY LET, CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENTS, SECURE TENANCIES, CAR PARKING SPACE LICENCE.
- Fees: £90 – £360 (Inc. VAT if applicable)
The one-off fee covers
- Reservation of the property so it is taken off the market – property is now held for you while references are carried out.
- Credit check – CCJ’s and credit scores
- Income / Employers reference – affordability check.
- Landlord or Agency Reference – tenant suitability check
- Carrying out and drawing up an Inventory and Standard of Condition for the property – condition of the property for when it comes to returning the deposit.
- Drawing up of the Tenancy Contract – market leading tenancy agreement which protects both the landlord and tenant during the tenancy.
- Registration of your deposit with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme – peace of mind for tenants knowing your deposit is protected.
- Information service suppliers of your tenancy details – including start electric, gas and water readings. Informing the relevant Council Tax authority.
- Check-out: The check-out report forms an important part of how the return of your security deposit is arranged. A detailed check-out report carried out against the Inventory and Standard of Condition protects both the tenant and landlord.
- A permitted occupier charge may be applicable as an additional fee.